Mojo Coffee Hospitality Scholarship
The Mojo Coffee Hospitality Scholarship creates and nurtures strong relationships with passionate hospitality students through practical employment experience in all areas of the café and restaurant environment. The scheme is intended to provide practical experience, knowledge of employment basics and development.
The scholarship is open to WelTec and Whitireia students who meet the criteria. For the Trimester Two, 2019 scholarship, students must be enrolled in one of the following programmes:
- New Zealand Certificate in Food and Beverage Services (Level 4), or
- New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4), or
- New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Level 3) or
- New Zealand Certificate in Baking (Generalist) (Level 4)
AND have previously successfully completed a recognised programme of study in a hospitality related field at either WelTec or Whitireia (at Level 2 or Level 3).
Students must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed their previous academic programme and intending to go back for the second year or further study
- Must have strong and positive character references (family friends, school teachers, previous employers etc)
- Must have a high attendance and punctuality record as provided by current WelTec tutor
Only one application per student will be accepted.
How it works
There will be one scholarship available in 2019, in Trimester 2 (July – November – 17 weeks)
The scholarship provides payment to assist students with the following expenses:
- Travel expenses – assistance of $50 per week for the academic trimester ($50 per week, 17 weeks – total gross $850.00).
- Mojo meal allowance – assistance of $10 per day, 4 days per week to spend at Mojo Dixon or a neighbouring Mojo café. Total allowance of $680 per trimester. This will be processed as a top-up on the students account on the Mojo APP.
The scholarship also provides a unique opportunity for work experience placements. The successful scholarship recipients will be provided the opportunity, depending on their study subjects, to complete the work experience in a Mojo café. This will be arranged in conjunction with their study timetable. Students will work with the Mojo HR team to coordinate work placements in a café/restaurant that suits their skill set and personality.
Practical placements can lead into paid work placements during the semester breaks and following the completion of their studies.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to email@example.com
To apply you must complete the following:
- Online scholarship application form, ensuring all questions are answered thoroughly. Download Application Form Here.
- A cover letter accompanying the application form which covers the following areas:
- Why you have applied for the scholarship and how it will benefit you in your study journey
- What you love about hospitality and why you want a career in the industry.
- What can you offer the industry – what value do you think you will offer the industry (skills, attitude, future plans etc).
- Two written recommendations from either character referees or employers – one must be a current WelTec or Whitireia tutor. The second reference could be a family friend, someone of reputable reputation in the community or a work employer.
Application due dates: 5.00pm on Friday 5, July 2019 (recipient announced Friday 12th July)
Sorry, no late entries will be considered.